01/24/11 157 W, 1 I - + 1 - 3 Task Force Fleet
For your Monday enjoyment, here's a montage of the rolling stock of North Carolina Urban Search & Rescue (USAR) Task Force 8. These trucks are parked at the Raleigh Fire Department training center. The task force is comprised of personnel from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill fire departments. Click once or twice to enlarge:
Pictured top to bottom, left to right:
- USAR 1 - Primary USAR equipment.
- USAR 2 - Additional SAR equipment, rigging, confined-space equipment, ATV.
- USAR 3 - Base of Operations (shelter system).
- USAR 5 - Logicistics unit, MRE, drinking water, PPE.
- USAR 6 - Communications unit.
- USAR 8 - Preloaded shoring materials, ATV.
- USAR 801 - Water rescue unit.
- Car 72 - Task force leader.
- USAR 4 - Tractor-drawn box truck. Logistics, maintenance, additional rescue equipment. In service March or April.
- USAR 802, 803, 804 - Water rescue units assigned to the other member fire departments. Identical to USAR 801. See photos.
- SR3 - Commercial bus for transporting personnel. See picture.