05/22/07 91 W - + 14 - 16 Blaze in a Hen Coop Draws Crowd


From the Raleigh Times on May 29, 1912: "An alarm from box 27, this morning at 9:30, called the fire department to 311 East Cabarrus street, where a small blaze was discovered in the hen house of Mr. Bob Conrad. Somebody said that Bob had been feeding his chickens red pepper and the warm weather caused a spontaneous combustion. Anyway it wasn't much of a conflagration, as a brave fire laddie kicked over the drinking pan and the fire was no more. The usual parade of spectators was held."





  
Remember personal info?

/ Textile

Comment moderation is enabled on this site. This means that your comment will not be visible on this site until it has been approved by an editor.

To prevent spam we require you to answer this silly question
 

  (Register your username / Log in)

Notify:
Hide email:

Small print: All html tags except <b> and <i> will be removed from your comment. You can make links by just typing the url or mail-address.