Market House, 1888

Photo courtesy of North Carolina State Archives

The first two City Market buildings were early locations for storing fire equipment. The second Market House, also called Metropolitan Hall and pictured from the east end where the "engine rooms" were located, was built in 1870 at the corner of Fayetteville Street and Exchange Plaza.

Home / Reset Frames

This page was last updated on 02/22/06 08:32:04 PM