On August 8, 1981, firefighters responded twice to the Campus Launderette at 2114 Hillsborough Street. The first call came at 11:30 a.m. after lint caught fire above one of the dryers. Twenty minutes later, the fire department returned to the scene. The roof was burning and flames were spreading to the I Play Games arcade and a North Carolina State University Agricultural Extension Service workshop. Firefighters extinguished the second blaze in about a half-hour.
|Home / Reset Frames||
This page was last updated on 02/22/06 08:21:10 PM