Ground was recently broken on Garner Station 5 at 7816, AKA the Caddy Road Public Safety Building. Here’s some project information and a rendering, from this Wake County project page.
The Caddy Road Public Safety Station is a co-location of Garner Fire-Rescue, Town of Garner Police and Wake County EMS. The construction contract award was approved by the Wake County Board of Commissioners and the Town of Garner Council in September of 2022. The plans for the project include a total of 16,816 square feet including four full apparatus bays, company day rooms, offices, a conference room, an exercise space, a full size kitchen and dining areas, support space, and 1,400 square feet of future building pad for the Town of Garner. Construction is scheduled to begin in November 2022 and the facility should be open for service by the winter of 2023.
- Site Acreage: 5.19 Acres
- Parking: 40 Parking Spaces
- Building Area: 16,816 SF
- Number of Vehicle Bays: 4 Full Apparatus Bays (8 Vehicles)
- Programs Offered: Emergency Response – Fire & EMS and Police
- Architect: adw architects, PA
- Contractor: Engineered Construction Company
- Construction Budget: $10,225,330
- Projected Opening: Winter 2023