The Wake County Fire Commission met last night on Thursday, January 17, 2019. The meeting was held at the Wake County Emergency Services Education Center, 221 S. Rogers Lane, Raleigh.
Read the agenda packet, which includes correspondence to the Fire Services Director concerning the Fairview Station 2 closure concept, discussed in prior meetings. It was requested that those letters be included in the public record of meeting minutes.
Meeting Called to Order: Chairman Keith McGee
- Pledge of allegiance
- Roll of Members Present
Items of Business
- Adoption of Minutes for November 15, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Annual Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman – Nick Campasano
- Approval of Agenda
- Comments from the public will be taken at this time. Members of the public are invited to make
comment to the Commission, with a maximum of 3 minutes per person. A signup sheet for those
who wish to speak during the public comments section of the meeting is located at the entrance of
the meeting room.
- Northern Wake Position Conversion
- South Region Appointments
- Fire Tax Financial Report
- Standing Committee Updates
- Staffing and Compensation
- Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Committee
- Chair Report
- Fire Services Director Report
Adjournment – Next Meeting March 21, 2019