The Town of Fuquay-Varina recently received a new ladder truck. This 2019 Spartan/Smeal rear-mount, 1500/400/105-foot was delivered on February 27, 2020.
- Four-section ladder and 105 feet of heavy-duty 100,000 psi steel and features a 750 pound working tip load without any restrictions in relation to elevation, extension or rotation, while flowing 1,500 GPM.
- 16-foot standard jack spread with short jack capability
- Spartan Advanced Occupant Protection, driver knee, steering wheel, officer knee, and side curtain airbags with side impact sensors and rollover protection
- Galvanized frame rails, subframe, and outriggers
- Cummins 505 HP engine with engine brake and transmission retarder
- 1500 gpm Waterous pump
- 400 gallon water tank
- Full height/full depth driver side compartments
- Department-specific custom front bumper layout
- Vinyl searing
- EMS compartments
- Hydraulic generator with two cord reels.