Found in my files last week, while updating my Fuquay-Varina Fire Department history timeline. This advertisement appeared in one or more local newspapers. Undated, but probably published around the time of the rural fire department’s formation in 1954.
Here’s that sequence.
- 1925 – First fire department organized, likely named Fuquay Springs FD.
- 1938 – Re-organized, now named Fuquay-Varina FD, though the community doesn’t officially changes it name until 1963.
- 1954 – Rural FD organized, to protect communities outside the town limits.
- 1972 – Municipal FD merges into rural FD. Now one organization, though with town and rural divisions for a period of time.
- 1999 – Rural FD merges into town.
See also this gallery of historical photos of FVFD, posted on the Raleigh Fire Museum web site. Click to enlarge: