Found this in the November-December 1976 issue of Hose & Nozzle magazine. Ambulance operated by Wilkinson Boulevard Fire Department in Mecklenburg County. [ Was that typical or atypical of Meck departments at the time? Operating squads? ]
WBFD was one of the first rural fire departments in North Carolina. They operated from 1943 to 1984, when they consolidated with Moores Chapel FD to create West Mecklenburg FD.