Here are the notable fire and EMS items in the recently announced budgets for the City of Durham and Durham County.
– Add two fire inspector positions
– Completion of construction of replacement Fire Station 9
– Planning for 30 firefighters in FY18, to staff new Station 17 (Leesville Road)
– Planning for 15 firefighters in FY21, to staff new Station 18 (Herndon Road and Stinhurst Drive area.
– Add day-duty Division Chief position
– Add six firefighter positions
– Five new full-time employees, for peak-time ambulance deployment shift
– Five Sprinter EMS ambulances, four new, one replacement
– One new bariatric ambulance
– Three large SUVs, two new, one replacement
– One new one-ton 4×4 truck.
More budget information (PDF).