August 16, 2018
Here’s an audio recording of the work session, by Legeros. Using phone, in pocket. Apologies for quality.
Download audio. (MP3, 84 M)
- Fire Services Director gave a presentation, with brief recap of background and extended, expanded information on several points.
- Commission members conducted discussion.
- Fairview Fire Department gave a ten-minute statement.
- Garner Fire Department gave a ten-minute presentation.
- Commission members conducted further discussion.
- Though no voting was made, commission members expressed the consensus of opinion to take the proposed concept off the table.
- Commission members expressed that the entire fire system instead be examined, to address service needs, areas of duplication, cost-savings opportunities, etc.
- Meeting adjourned.
August 12, 2018
The Wake County Fire Commission meets for a work session on Thursday, August 19, 2018, at the Wake County Emergency Services Training Center, 220 S. Rogers Lane, Suite 160. Meeting starts at 7:00 p.m.
There’s one topic on the agenda, continued from the July 19 meeting: the proposed closure and district realignment of Fairview Station 2.
No vote is planned. Nor will public comments be received.
- Meeting Called to Order: Chair Chief McGee
- Pledge of allegiance
- Insurance District Realignment and Station Closure Discussions
- At the July 19, 2018 Fire commission meeting, the Director of Fire Services presented staff recommendations on the Ten-Ten Fire Insurance district realignment and closure of Fairview Rural Fire Department’s Station 2, at the completion of construction and opening of a new fire station located on Caddy Road. Public comment was presented and received by the Commission. Questions were generated for staff by Commission members and members were asked to provided Fire Services with additional questions, prior to continuation of discussions.
- Action Requested: That the Commission receive information pertaining to the questions generated for staff
- Meeting Adjournment