January 6, 2019
Blogger David Handy has posted an excellent recap of this meeting, in this posting. He also adds a number of personal perspectives.
His blog is titled Friends of Fairview, and is a newer site, created as a forum for raising citizen concerns about the Fairview Station 2 closure concept, proposed last summer to the Wake County Fire Commission.
Read about that proposal in our prior posting(s).
The Wake County Fire Commission will hold a long-range planning workshop on Thursday, January 3, 2019, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at the Wake County Emergency Services Training Center, 220 S. Rogers Lane, Suite 160.
Meeting Called to Order: Chairman Chief McGee
- Pledge of allegiance
- Roll of Members Present
Long Range Planning Workshop
- Validation of Perceptions
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Where is the Fire Tax District headed in the future?
- What are the guiding principles moving forward to be decided?
- Other information to be considered in long range planning
- Identify challenges moving forward
- Wrap up
Adjournment – Next Meeting January 17, 2019