Station 11

 

2925 Glenridge Road

Opened by November 28, 1971

Faces southeast
View plaque

4,923 square feet, one story
 Architect: McGee, Scovil, and Rairden / Builder: Clemmer Construction

History: Station 11 opened by November 28, 1971, at 2925 Glenridge Road. Engine 11 was placed in service with a 1958 American LaFrance pumper. A groundbreaking ceremony was held on February 23, 1971. The station cost about $100,000. (Alternate citation $125,000). The station was dedicated on October 8, 1971, and apparently a number of weeks before it was activated.

Truck 11 was placed in service as a service ladder company on June 14, 1972, with a 1971 Chevrolet service ladder truck. In December 1986, Truck 11 received a 1986 Seagrave aerial ladder, and was converted to an aerial ladder company. It was renamed Ladder 11 on August 21, 2006, and renamed Ladder 2 on July 7, 2009. The station is located in the Brentwood neighborhood.

On December 5, 2018, Station 11 was closed, in preparation for "down to the walls" renovation that included expanding the apparatus bay, to accommodate a larger aerial apparatus. Engine 11 relocated to Station 7 on that date. Earlier, on October 27, 2018, Ladder 2 relocated to Station 15. On December 17, 2019, Station 11 was reactivated, with Engine 11 and Ladder 2 relocating from their temporary quarters. The renovated structure included new walls, ceilings, electrical and plumbing systems, work areas, and an exercise room, as well as an extended apparatus bay.
 
Last update: November 28, 2020

Mike Legeros photo

 


Home / Reset Frames

This page was last updated on 12/01/20 09:02:34 PM