Station 14

4220 Lake Boone Trail

Opened October 9, 1974

Faces south
View plaque

3,616 square feet, one story
Architect: McGee, Scovil, and Rairden / Builder: Ray Sparrow Construction

History: Station 14 opened at 9:42 a.m. on October 9, 1974 at 4220 Lake Boone Trail. Engine 14 was placed in service with a 1951 American LaFrance pumper. Tanker 14 was placed in service the same day with a 1960 GMC tanker, and operated until 1986. The $197,000 station was dedicated on June 22, 1975, the second of three fire station dedications that day. Rescue 14 was first placed in service on July 24, 1978 with a 1974 Chevrolet/Murphy ambulance. It operated until 1982, and was returned to service on July 17, 2001. Rescue 14 was renamed Rescue 3 on July 7, 2009. Station 14 also housed a Battalion Chief from 1988 to 2001.

Last updated: 31DEC12.

ral-sta14-storage.jpg (88263 bytes)

Lee Wilson, Mike Legeros photographs

Google Earth photo

 

Courtesy Raleigh Public Affairs

Courtesy Raleigh Fire Department

Home / Reset Frames

This page was last updated on 11/06/13 04:13:48 PM